Saturday, December 18, 2010

Lazy Day

What better to do on a rainy day than be LAZY! I have not left the house but once today and it felt amazing. I forgot how great it feels to stay home and be lazy. I was so lazy dusty had me watching South Park....Shoot me!!!!! With nothing really to wow y'all with today I want to share a little recipe! THis is a great recipe to take to a Holiday Party or just to have around the house. Hope yall enjoy!
I attempted to make it but I added too much Chocolate so dont use to Hershey Nuggets. But they are still YUMMY!

Aunt Cindy's Bark

 Ingredients:
35 Saltine Crackers
Hershey Chocolate Bars (usually pack of 8 in candy Isle)
1 cup packed Light Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Flavoring
1 cup or either 2 sticks Butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Bring b. Sugar and Butter to a boil then add vanilla flavoring.
Lay crackers on a baking pan that has been sprayed with pam (salty side up)
Pour b. sugar, butter, and vanilla mixture over the crackers
Bake for 6 minutes or until crackers look done
While cooling and right out of oven lay a square of chocolate on each cracker.

Hope you enjoy...They are my favorite and I can attempt to make them but they are not as good as my Aunt Cindy's. I think I am just a cooker not a baker or I just dont have Cindy's touch. Let me know how they turn out for you if you try them. I promise they will be a big hit!

Have a Fabulous Saturday Night!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm new to your blog, and I LOVE to bake! I hope you don't mind, but I will definitely be trying these soon!

    Merry Christmas,
    Helen
    http://pocketfullofsun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have at it...let me know how they turn out...I did them the other day and I put too much chocolate on the crackers and I made them soggy. I was so upset because they are probably my all time favorite dessert or snack but I think they needed my aunts touch Have a merry merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am a member or ZTA! How cool!

    ReplyDelete