Tuesday, December 28, 2010

DIY Night Lights!


I love crafty things and plus I was on the broke side during christmas and discovered a DIY project to give as gifts. I didnt make one for myself but one day I am going too.  If you by chance have some extra wine bottles laying around the house then try this nifty project out! I made these crafty night lights for my dad and step-sisters for christmas and boy were they a big hit. My stepmom added to hers and but some decor in them like the tall things you put in the vase in a corner or something (I had a brain fart and couldnt think of what they are called). :(

what you need:
1 wine bottle (green or clear, I used green)
1 strand of 12ft christmas lights (clear)
3 ribbons (what ever design you want)

Instructions:
I wrote the initial on mine first or you can put whatever on yours such as just leaving the label on it.
stuff the lights down in the bottle
tie ribbon around neck of bottle

These are super easy to make and a great gift to give. They are cheap to make but look like an expensive gift and something that looks like it took a long time to make. Have fun being crafty and let me know how they work out for yall or if you have any ideas!

I love crafty ideas and trying new things especially when Im bored and have nothing to do at home. If any of you have sny ideas or DIY projects I could attempt, then let me know! :)

XOXO,
Kendall

2 comments:

  1. that is a super cute idea. i'll have to do that sometime. :) thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom makes these, minus the monogram, and I think they are so cute! I love the monogram on it though, and may have to try adding that on to one!

    ReplyDelete