Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hey good lookin' whatcha got cookin'

Tonight, I cooked an AMAZING meal....for myself :(. Dusty works second shift an hour away so I always have to eat dinner by myself unless a friend comes over. Dusty told me last week, when he was on his health kick, that he needed to eat more pastas. So I immediately thought about my supreme chicken spaghetti....its to die for, well for me at least. Needless to say I am a chicken girl, anything chicken I will usually eat. I love this meal so much that I want to share it with all my followers. I am 100% positive yall will love it. I shared it with my dad not too long ago and he called me as soon as his scarfed it down to tell me how much enjoyed it. I would LOVE for you all the try it an let me know how it turned out for you. Oh yea and for dessert I baked red velvet cheesecake brownies. What a date night I had, a lonely one at that :). The dogs tend to be great company and enjoy staring at the food while Im eating. Hank even drools to let me know how great it smells, some reassurance is great every now and then :). Oh yea, I ate dinner and watched a re-run of The Voice on NBC....if you haven't watched it yet, you are def missing out. It is so good and I am glued to the tv while it is on. This is my second night watching the same episode and I am still blown away.

Chicken Supreme Spaghetti:

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts (skinned and boned)
2 bunches of green onions...I cant ever find them so I use regular sweet onions 
1 (8oz) pkg of mushrooms .....I DO NOT USE, dont like them
1 pt grape tomatoes, chopped
2 cups Italian dressing...I use Zesty
1 (8oz) pkg spaghetti
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Directions:
Place chicken breasts in a single layer in a lightly greased baking dish. Top evenly with onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Pour 1 cup dressing over chicken and vegetables.
Bake, covered, at 375F for 45 minutes. Remove chicken and veggies from oven; let stand 10 minutes. Shred chicken with two forks
Cook Pasta according to package directions and drain. Combine shredded chicken mixture and spaghetti (I always add in more dressing, that 1 extra cup if the pasta is a little dry but I use a 16 oz spaghetti pkg) Top evenly with 1/2 cup parmesan cheese or your desire.

This is such a great meal the next day too :) Hope you enjoy. 
Right before it went into the oven :)

DELICIOUS......I had to hold back from eating it so I could take a picture :)



Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
Ingredients

Brownies
1/2 cup butter
2-oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp red food coloring
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt


Cheesecake Mixture
8-oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease.
In a small, heatproof bowl, melt butter and chocolate together. Stir with a fork until very smooth. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and red food coloring. Add in the chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Batter should be red. If a brighter red is desired, add an additional 1/2 tsp food coloring. Add flour and salt into the bowl and stir until everything is just combined and no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
Pour into prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
Prepare cheesecake mixture. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Drop in dollops onto prepared brownie batter. Gently swirl two batters with a butter knife.
Bake for 35-40 minutes, until brownies and cheesecake are set. A knife inserted into the cheesecake mixture should come out clean and the edges will be lightly browned.
Cool in the pan completely before slicing and serving, either at room temperature or chilled.
Brownies can be refrigerated, covered, for several days.
Makes 16 large brownies or 24 smaller brownies
I found this recipe on a blog I follow, Fried Green Pickles

I hope everyone has a wonderful night. 

XOXO,
Kendall

2 comments:

  1. Those both look delicious! You're making me so hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG those brownies look Edelicious!! I can't wait to try them!

    Newest follower from Miss Mandy Mac! Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete